You must enable the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service, right? Therefore, how do you buy a QuickBooks Desktop? Regardless of whether you made the purchase over the phone or online, you must enter the service key in QuickBooks to activate the service. We have given you all the information you need to activate the payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop in this article. Still experiencing a problem? Call our QuickBooks ProAdvisor at +1-844-405-0904 for assistance.
You need to know how to activate a payroll service from a retail location in order to continue with the procedure. Refer to the blog if you want to learn more about it.
You should be aware that your payroll service is a subscription that renews itself automatically by deducting the lesser amounts from your credit card at the beginning of each subscription period. Won’t need to manually pay the amount because your subscription will debit the appropriate amount. You can cancel your payroll membership whenever you want and from wherever you are by using the QuickBooks Online Cancellation Tool.
How to Activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll After Obtaining Your Service Key
You will get your payroll service key through email from Intuit’s QuickBooks after making a payroll service purchase. The payroll service key must be entered in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll in order to activate the service. If you do not get your payroll service key via email, contact Intuit an email with the information of your product.
Following the purchase of a payroll service, Intuit’s QuickBooks will provide your payroll service key to you through email. In order to activate the service in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, the payroll service key must be entered. Send an email to Intuit with the details of your product if you do not receive your payroll service key via email.
Alternatively, you must use the Automated Service Key/ Disc Delivery Key Tool if you don’t have your payroll service key. You can log in using the login for your Intuit Account. The following requirements must be met in order for the automated key tool to function.
- There are various payroll orders associated with your firm in the QuickBooks System.
- You have obtained a payroll product from a retail outlet.
- Your specified business phone number did not correspond to the data in QuickBooks.
Using the Service Key in QuickBooks Desktop
The following steps must be completed in the specified order without interruption in order to input the Service key in QuickBooks Desktop. View the following actions:
- From the Employees menu, select Payroll, and then press Enter Service Key.
- You are request to indicate if you are willing to add this file to your payroll subscription if you already have one if you already have one.
Note: To add the file to an existing payroll subscription, select the Add File option, or click the Skip option to bypass the skip option and move directly to the Service key window.
- Select “Add” by clicking.
- manually enter the service key, then select the following action.
Note: You will see a screen prompting for configuration.
- Hit the finish button at the end.
Your payroll subscription is verified by QuickBooks Desktop, which also assists you in downloading the most recent tax tables.
The Payroll Office
You can access the Payroll Centre from the Employees menu after entering your Payroll service key in QuickBooks Desktop. You can use the Payroll Centre as your hub for preparing your payroll tax forms, paying employees, paying payroll taxes, and paying payroll liabilities.
Steps for Accessing the Payroll Centre
Select the Employees menu and then click on the Payroll Centre to launch it.
The same task can complete by selecting the Employee Centre and then the Payroll tab.
Customers that have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll (Basic, Standard, Enhanced, or Assisted) subscriptions are the only ones who have access to the Payroll Centre.
Although Intuit no longer accepts new Standard Payroll subscriptions, users who currently have a subscription can still access support from Intuit.
Existing subscribers to this service package are supported by QuickBooks Intuit in the meantime. You may access many features and functions from the tabs in the Payroll Centre. Here are some of them:
pay tab for employees
You can do this using the following commands from the Pay Employees tab:
- You can compensate your workers.
- Payroll schedules are simple to set up.
- You may issue an unexpected paycheck, such as a bonus or termination cheque.
- A paycheck can change or revoke.
Liabilities Pay Tab
You can accomplish this by selecting the Pay Liabilities tab, which is described below:
- Taxes can pay in addition to payroll obligations.
- You can set up payroll taxes and other taxes.
Tab File Forms
You can do this by selecting the File Forms tab, as seen below:
- You can prepare and file payroll tax returns from the File Forms tab.
You must consult the completed payroll tax forms if you want to learn more details about the same subject.
Your Payroll Subscription: How to Manage It
to gather more data about your managing payroll subscription and maintain the accuracy of your information. You need to understand:
- How to control your payroll membership
- How to access the most recent updates to the QuickBooks Payroll tax table and tax forms
- How to restart your payroll subscription or renew it
Key QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Issues
You need to know how to do each of the following while using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll:
- The best way to input or change a payroll service key
- How to Add an EIN to a Payroll Subscription Already in Place in QuickBooks, Standard and Enhanced Subscription
- How to manage your products, accounts, and subscriptions in QuickBooks
With the help of this post, we hope you were able to solve the problem of how to activate QuickBooks Desktop payroll. However, if the problems continue to aggravate you, we strongly suggest that you call QuickBooks Desktop payroll support at +1-844-405-0904 for the greatest level of assistance. Our experts can quickly identify and resolve all of your QuickBooks problems.